Thursday, August 23, 2007

Scary Shit

There was a horrid storm today. I stopped home after school to change before work and as I got out of the car I told my boyfriend that in 10 minutes its going to rain, just out of no where. After I got dressed I looked out the front window and saw huge, HUGE, tree branches FLYING in the air. Immediately I screamed "THE DOGS ARE OUTSIDE!" and me and boyfriend ran to the back. We could not open the door because it was so windy. After a struggle the door was opened and the dogs got upstairs fine and boyfriend came down the stairs with my nephew. I was so freaked out at this point. I called my sister, mom, dad, work, grandparents, and my boyfriends family. I called Don but he didn't pick up (thats why we went and got D). There was garbage cans and boxes flying all through the ally and it was raining! I was FREAKED out.

To make it that must better, the weather channel was making that horid beep! beep! sound and saying "TAKE COVER NOW!", saying there was a tornado and when it was going to get here. I was pacing the house until it stopped. I was standing by the window at one point and boyfriend comes up to me and holds me up. I have bad anxiety and I was skaking so hard.

After it was over, which was about 10 minutes later, we went to get my little sister and drove around the town alittle bit. There were whole trees down across streets. It looked like aliens attacked the world, as my sis put it. Ha. I hope it never storms like that again around here or anywhere... Thats way to scary for me!

Last night apparently a house blew up, not too far from where I live and everyone but me heard this huge explosion. I was like wtf??? Why didn't I hear that but I heard my little dinky cell phone ringer go off two seconds later!!! Apparently there was a gas leek and the house just blew. I have no idea if anyone was hurt, hope not! How crazy is that?!

4 comments:

Jenny! said...

Oh, dear Emmy...I know its scary...but really...it was not that bad! I was downtown on the 45th floor while people were screaming and shit from the construction site next door was flying at the windows...mother nature is awesome...scary at times...but awesome!

S said...

Blimey that does sound proper scary, we never get wild weather like that in the UK.

Nice new pic by the way, I liked the last one but the new one is even better.

Jeanette said...

Jenny's just a bad ass, but I was ready to piss myself! I was at work and people were convincing me there was no reason to cry, what do they know! What house blew up? I didn't hear about that.

EmRocks said...

It was on near harlem and grand... there was a gas leek or something scary!!